วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 8 Nov 2023
วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 1 Feb 2024
Registration of Family Status (Khor.Ror.22)
Thai citizens, either married or divorced in Belgium and Luxembourg, and wish to register their marriage/divorce in Thailand can register changes in marital status to be “married”, “divorced” or “widow/widower” in the Thai civil registration by the following steps:
1. Prepare original copy of certificate of marriage/certificate of divorce (Belgian/ Luxembourgish)
Note: When requesting documents from Belgian/Luxembourgish authorities,
please inform the officer that your documents must be legalised at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs by sticker paper system only. The Embassy does not accept digital legalisation
due to its lack of name of the authorised signer on it.
2. Translate the certificate of marriage/certificate of divorce into Thai by using a sworn translator
Attention: The translated text and the original copy of the document must be stapled together with a rubber-stamp of the sworn translator placed on the top left corner of the document.
3. Legalise both the original and the translation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belgium and Luxembourg by sticker paper system only. Both certified documents must be stapled and top left corner folded together.
4. Legalise both the original and the translation at the Royal Thai Embassy in Brussels.
For making an appointment, please do the followings;
4.1 Please book an appointment via brussels.thaiembassy.org Click on “Consular Service Appointment”, Please select “Legalisation”
4.2 Make one copy of every page of the document(s) including the page with the stamp of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
4.3 Fill in the application form, (download here) Documents to be submitted include
1) original of documents, and a copy of documents.
- Thefee 15 euro per stamp
- The processing time is 1 week.
5. Upon arrival in Thailand, legalise documents at the Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand (Changwattana Rd.) or other consular kiosks both in Bangkok and provinces. For more information, please visit https://consular.mfa.go.th
6. Submit a request for registering changes in marital status (Khor.Ror.22) at any district office in Thailand. The officer will issue “Record of Family Status (Khor.Ror.22)” for your reference.