วันที่นำเข้าข้อมูล 24 Oct 2023

วันที่ปรับปรุงข้อมูล 4 Jan 2024

| 757 view

History

The Royal Thai Government purchased the land and the building which is situated at 2 Square du Val de la Cambre, Brussels 1050 on 26 November 1981 when Mom Rajawongse Thep Devakula was the Ambassador. On 7 October 1982, H.E. Air Chief Marshal Siddhi Savetsila, the then Minister of Foreign Affairs of Thailand, presided over the opening of the chancery of the Royal Thai Embassy in Brussels and the Office of the Mission of Thailand to the European Community. The Building was built in 1928 with Anglo-Saxon style and designed by the Architect namely Adrian Blomme.
 
The current chancery was purchased by the Royal Thai Government on 26 March 2007 under the tenure of H.E. Mr. Don Pramudwinai, former deputy prime minister and minister of foreign affairs, the then Ambassador. It is situated on 876 Chaussee de Waterloo, 1000 Brussels. The building consists of two parts: (1) the Château de la Clarière which is preserved as a historic landmark and architecture of the city of Brussels and was built in 1871-1873 with Flemish Neo-Renaissance style by the architect namely Van Ysendijck, and (2) the annex, designed by the architects P. De Bloos and J.P. Hoa, was added during the years 1991-1992 in Post Modern style and in full harmony with the existing part.
 
After a-year-long renovation in 2009, on 26 June 2010 at 11.30 hrs. Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn graciously presided over the opening ceremony of the new Chancery. Her Royal Highness the Princess was received upon arrival by H.E. Mr. Pisan Manawapat, the then Ambassador, and other high-level guests including HRH Princess Marie-Astrid and the consort, HRH Prince Nikolaus, HRH Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg and Leichtenstein, Permanent Secretary for Foreign Affairs of Belgium, President of the Foreign Committe of the Belgian Senate as well as the diplomatic corps and the Thai people in Belgium.